I’ve never watched the CMAs before as far as I know, which doesn’t really make sense considering the fact that I love country music and award shows. So I was really excited that Julia invited me over to watch the show last night. Here are some thoughts:
- Why is Taylor Swift even still there? Don’t get me wrong I LOVE Taylor, even after reading this article, which I hate to admit might be true… But I think we can all admit that RED is a pop album right?
Also – as Julia pointed out – I don’t really expect to see the Eifel Tower on the CMAs. Giant American flag? – that’s more like it:
2. I’m worried about Willie Nelson – The tribute to him was awesome, but a Lifetime Achievement Award is a kiss of death – having the award named after you…? Just take care of yourself OK Mr. Nelson.
3. Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert are my favorite ever:
4. Country Ladies sure do love their sequins:
5. I love the Zac Brown Band