I know I am not alone in saying that last night’s Tony’s were delightful. Neil Patrick Harris was, as he always is, the perfect host, and I can’t think of a single winner that made me angry. (Though I can think of a few that made me squeal with joy – Billy Porter!) So here in no particular order are my thoughts:
- NPH is great shape – check out this opening number:
Just watching a second time makes me tired. (Also he’s not wrong, this season was full of children.)
- I’m sad that these 3 don’t have TV shows anymore, someone should put them on a show together
Also Will Chase is a good sport. (As is Mike Tyson, who would have thought?)
- Cicely Tyson is a legend.
And she’s crazy, and it looks like her dress is eating her.
- It was a good night for Chicago. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf was a Steppenwolf show, Kinky Boots tried out here…
And Tracy Letts beat “Mr. Hanks” and his speech might have made me cry. (Though I was also drinking gin, so by this point it’s unclear what exactly caused the emotion.
- I say again – BILLY. PORTER.
- Apparently Arthur Darvill (Rory from Doctor Who) is Guy in Once right now…which is awesome
(Sorry about the bad quality, but this is more of the performance than we actually got to see on TV.)